2. Detection and or recognition ranges decrease when the contrasting conditions are
a. bare mountain slopes or vegetation
b. bare mountain or overcast
c. clear and sunny or overcast
d. vegetation or overcast
3. When an alert warning system is supporting you, your search sector will be about 90
degrees. When a hostile aircraft warning is received, you then center your search on the
aircraft approach azimuth and narrow your search sector to ___________.
4. Which is a good practice when using binoculars?
a. Using binoculars for search and detection.
b. Using binoculars for ground targets only.
c. Focusing binoculars at ranges that targets are expected.
d. Keeping the binoculars cased so they won't get dirty.
5. Which description fits an aircraft's major features?
a. Ordnance for ground attack.
b. National markings and camouflage.
c. Ordnance for air attack.
d. Wings to give lift.
6. An aircraft's trailing edge or both wing edges may be tapered. A description of wing
taper is the diminishing width of the wing from the base to the wing tip. Which of the
following drawings show a wing that is backward tapered?