(3) The slurry is moved countercurrent to the water. After completion of the
cycle, magnesium hydroxide is removed and filtered to remove excess water.
(4) The magnesium hydroxide is charged into a rotary film for drying, leaving
magnesium oxide (magnesia).
Ore Concentration (Magnesia from Brines).
c. The chemical processing facilities chart (Figure 2-52) will help you identify
additional chemical processing industries.
Use the chart with the following
description to help you better visualize the industry.
(1) Input normally consists of loose solids in relatively small quantities.
(2) Output consists of a solid or liquid stored in closed containers.
(3) Storage is observed in open stockpiles, storage buildings, hoppers, bins,