assembly if it is necessary to move through an area of high
particularly on gloves and overboots.
e. CAN Operation "DON'T Items".
(1) DON'T take the nozzle protective cap assembly off the
nozzle assembly until CAM is cleared down to one or zero bars and the
WAIT display is out.
found. Back off from contamination to clear down the CAM prior to
resampling in the next area of search.
DON'T let CAM come into contact with the surface you are
DON'T change modes until CAM has cleared down to one or
DON'T decontaminate a CAM while it is operating.
(7) DON'T switch CAM off for end of mission or storage if any
bars are displayed.
f. Removing CAN from Operation.
Decontaminate a contaminated CAM
before performing shutdown procedures.
(1) Remove and discard filtered nozzle standoff (1) from
nozzle assembly (2)(Figure 4-35).
(2) Inspect nozzle assembly for indications of moisture; if
droplets of water are noticed, attempt to shake moisture off.
(3) Twist (counterclockwise) and remove nozzle protective cap
assembly (3) from environmental cap (4)(Figure 4-35).
(4) Twist (clockwise) and install nozzle protective cap
assembly (3) to CAM (5)(Figure 4-35).