Before breaking glass ampoules (except heater pads), place
a heater pad in front and back of ampoules to be broken.
(4) Hold sampler with test spots or arrow pointing up and,
using heater pads, crush two center ampoules marked No. 3 only
Blood Agent Testing
(5) Hold sampler with test spots or arrow pointing down.
Uncover test spot or arrow. Swing out protective strip.
(6) Place sampler under box or can for approximately 10
minutes (Figure 4-18). Box or can has been placed open-end down over
the suspected area.
(7) Remove sampler after 10 minutes. Determine safe or
danger condition by comparing the round Blood Agent test spot with the
color indicator on the back side of the sampler.
b. Testing for Nerve, Blister, and Lewisite Agents.
Obtain a box or can.
(3) Save pads under hinged heater. Swing out heater, remove
and save two loose pads, and swing heater back in.