Press and release DEPRESS FOR READING switch (21) and
observe reading on DPM (22), (Figure 5-26).
(1) If reading is between 750 and 850 cGy, record reading
and proceed to Step 9.
(2) Refer to the NOTE in Step 2a. If reading is not
between 750 and 850 cGy, use key on carrying case or screwdriver
to adjust GAMMA CAL 800 control (31) until DPM reading is between
790 and 810 cGy. Turn control clockwise if reading is too low or
counterclockwise if reading is too high. Record final reading,
Press and release DEPRESS FOR READING switch (21)
four more times, observing and recording reading on
DPM (22) each time, (Figure 5-26).
(1) If the readings taken in Steps 8 and 9 were all
between 790 and 810 cGy, proceed to Step 10.
(2) If the readings taken in Steps 8 and 9 were not all
between 790 and 810 cGy, readjust GAMMA CAL 800 control as in
Step 8. Repeat Steps 8 and 9 until all readings are within
Personal injury may result from failure to close the drawer
assembly properly. Close the drawer assembly by grasping
the drawer handle firmly with one hand, lowering the drawer
cover, if necessary, and pushing the drawer closed. The
free hand should remain clear of the drawer assembly. Do
not touch the transit lock with either hand when closing
the drawer assembly.
according to operational instructions. Then perform the following
(1) Read dosimeter according to the instructions in para 4.
(2) Perform postoperational procedures according to the
instructions on page 5-36.