The steps to use the latrine are:
1. Select area for cat hole.
Avoid low areas and areas with
2. Provide security If possible, us the buddy system.
3. Scrape away a minimum
4. Area should be large enough to hold weapon and LCE.
5. Dig cat hole approximately 1 foot deep.
Cat hole should be
within arm's reach of area for weapon and LCE.
6. Place weapon and LCE in prepared area.
Armored vest and
helmet may be retained.
7. Remove packets from M258A1 Skin Decontaminating Kit.
8. Decontaminate gloves.
9. Pull up the overgarment jacket by grasping the bottom of
jacket and folding it once, back on itself, enough to open the
10. Decontaminate gloves again if necessary.
11. Unsnap and unzip the overgarment trousers, and carefully peel
down and away from the body as required to perform the
12. Carefully remove the protective gloves and set them close by.
DO NOT TOUCH A CONTAMINATED AREA ON THE OUTERGARMENT BECAUSE
13. Unbutton and open BDU trousers.
(Disregard this step if BDUs
are not worn.
14. Lower underwear and eliminate waste.
15. Use the M258A1 Skin Decontaminating Kit to decontaminate skin
that may have become contaminated.
16. Pull up underwear and BDUs.