(1) Place antenna base MP-68 over the top mast base section of the
assembled mast. Tighten the vice to secure the base to the mast.
(2) Assemble the vertical antenna radiating element by screwing
together the correct number of antenna sections, as determined from Table 1.
(3) Insert the assembled vertical radiating element into the socket
at the top of antenna base MP-68.
(4) Assemble three ground-plane elements with the correct number of
antenna sections, as determined from Table 1.
(5) Connect adapter UG-255/U to plug PL-259-A on the cable assembly
CG-107/U (Fig 20).
Connecting cord CG-107/U to MP-68.
(6) To connect cord CG-107/U to the antenna base, screw plug PL-259-A
(on the cord) into adapter M-359 on the bottom of the antenna base (Fig 20).
(7) Relieve any strain on the cord plug and adapter by taping the
cable assembly to the mast base with tape TL-83. Tape at 5-foot intervals
down the mast.
(8) Insert the three assembled ground-plane elements into the sockets
on antenna base MP-68.