6. When power is delivered to an antenna, two electrical fields are set
up by this fluctuating energy.
These fields are the _______________
field and the _______________ field.
7. Only the ______________ field moves out into space.
This field is
composed of two components, the _____________ component and the
8. These two components are arranged at ___________ angles to each other.
9. Radio waves radiated from an antenna create a ____________ wave
disturbance which travels outward from the antenna at a velocity of
_______________ meters per second.
10. A quarter-wave antenna is _________ mounted and radiates in _________.
11. A half-wave antenna is usually ________________ mounted and radiates
______________ to its length.
A quarter-wave antenna has maximum radiation off the top of
The quarter-wave antenna is an omnidirectional
because it radiates radio waves in all directions.
The half-wave antenna radiates maximum radiation from the
ends of the antenna.
The term "continuous wave" describes a radio wave traveling
radiation, electric, magnetic
vertically, all directions or omnidirectional.
horizontally, at right angles (or broadside) to its length.
NOTE TO STUDENT:
Before proceeding, it is best to review radio wave
This paragraph will be brief--you may
wish to review TM 11-666.