(9) Pull ropes tight, and fasten them to the baseplate cleats with a
hitch (Fig 19).
Hitch for securing guy ropes.
(10) Now, move the assembled mast against the opposite cleat of the
baseplate, and repeat steps 7 through 9 with two more guy ropes.
(11) Snap the third set of guy ropes into the third hole in the upper
and lower guy plates, and lay the ropes along the mast toward the third guy
c. Antenna elements required.
(1) Determine operational frequency for the radio station.
(2) Using Table 1 (or chart in TM 11-5820-348-15), page 24), select
the number of antenna elements required for the vertical antenna element and
the three ground-plane elements.