(4) Are oral history interviews possible? Are any available?
c. Evaluate the sources.
(1) Who wrote the books and for whom?
(2) Why and how were the books written?
(3) What was the writer's point of view?
(4) From whom did the writer receive advice and assistance?
(5) Does the source provide any newly discovered evidence or a new point of view?
(6) What are the nature and extent of the documentation of the book?
(7) Is the book a mere reinterpretation of events based on secondary sources or an original contribution based on
new or heretofore unused sources?
(8) What areas of your assigned operation does the source cover? (Check the table of contents and index.)
(9) How good is the analysis? Do conclusions flow logically from the evidence?