a. Prepare the SKED.
Remove the SKED litter from its pack and place it on the ground.
Unfasten the retainer strap.
Step on the foot end of the SKED litter and unroll the SKED
(4) Bend the SKED litter in half and back roll. Repeat with the opposite
end of the litter. The SKED litter should now lay flat.
b. Place the Casualty on the SKED.
(1) Place the SKED litter next to the casualty. Make sure the head end of
the litter is next to the casualty's head.
Place the cross straps under the SKED litter.
(3) Log roll the casualty onto his side in a steady and even manner. If
additional personnel are available, use them to help you roll the casualty and to support
his head and neck.
(4) Slide the SKED litter as far under the casualty as possible (Litter is to
the casualty's back.)
(5) Gently roll the casualty until he is again lying on his back with the litter
(6) Slide the casualty to the middle of the SKED litter, keeping his spinal
column as straight as possible.
c. Secure the Casualty to the SKED.
Pull out the straps from under the SKED litter.
Bring the straps across the casualty.
(3) Lift the sides of the SKED litter and fasten the four cross straps to the
buckles directly opposite the straps.
Lift the foot portion of the SKED litter.
(5) Feed the foot straps over the casualty's lower extremities and through
the unused grommets at the foot end of the SKED litter.