(19) Scrub across the under jaw to the end of the jawbone.
(20) Turn your hand out and quickly wipe the inside of the mask that touches
(21) Discard the applicator pad.
(22) Immediately seal the mask, then clear and check it.
d. Decontaminate Your Neck.
Remove a second skin decontaminating packet from the carrying pouch.
Tear the packet open quickly at the notch.
Remove the applicator pad from packet and discard the empty packet.
(4) Without breaking the seal between the face and mask, thoroughly scrub
the skin of the neck and ears until they are completely covered with black powder.
e. Redo Your Hands
(1) Continuing to use the same pad, redo your hands until they are
completely covered with black powder.
Discard the applicator pad.
CONTINUE PROTECTIVE MEASURES
a. Put on the rest of your protective clothing (MOPP level 4). Liquid nerve
agents penetrate ordinary clothing rapidly.
b. Bury the used decontamination pads if circumstances permit.
c. Seek aid. If you have been exposed to a sufficient amount of nerve agent,
you may become unable to administer additional treatment to yourself. If so, you will
need someone else (a buddy, a combat lifesaver, or a medic) to administer additional
d. Administer an additional NAAK, if needed. If medical assistance is not
available, 10 to 15 minutes have passed since you gave yourself the NAAK injection(s),
and the signs and symptoms of nerve agent poisoning persist, then self-administer a
second NAAK to yourself using the same procedures as for the first NAAK.