compared to air
21. Write the definition for the term "dielectric" as applied to capacitors.
insulating 22. The capacity of a capacitor depends on tree factors:
separates the plates.
(1) The dielectric constant of the dielectric (k).
(2) The area of the plates (A) in square inches.
(3) The distance (the thickness of the dielectric material) between the plates (d).
The capacity of a capacitor is determined at the time of manufacture by the actual
physical construction of the capacitor, and with the exception of variable capacitors
(which normally use air or mica as the dielectric), the capacity cannot be changed.
Three factors which determine the capacity of a capacitor are:
(1) The dielectric constant (k).
(2) Plate area (A).
23. The relationship of the three factors which determine the capacity of a capacitor can
be seen by using the formula:
(3) Distance between
List the three factors which determine the capacitance of a capacitor.