1. How many different single-digit numbers are there in the octal system?
2. In the number 17,20610, the digit 7 is multiplied by ten raised to what power?
3. In the number 438110, the digit 8 is multiplied by 10 raised to what power?
4. In the number 461710, the digit 7 is multiplied by ten raised to what power?
5. If you count up from 0 in the octal system, how would you write the number after 7?
6. What is the highest single-digit value in the base 16 (or hexadecimal) numbering system? Answer with
a base ten number, unless you know the hexadecimal notation already.
7. In the base ten system, if you add 1 to 99, the result is 100. Using the octal (base 8) system, how
would you write the number after 778?
8. Convert the following base ten numbers to octal:
9. Complete the table for the values 13 through 20.